Today’s post is longer than usual. That’s because it includes a video that is going to take up about 30 minutes of your time, if you find this interesting. So thank you for your patience in advance. You can be sure you are affected by the content!
If you live in a developed country though, you’d feel pretty confident these mostly high tech health needs would be manufactured in one of them too. Most of the manufacturer names sound distinctly Caucasian. However, this absolutely isn’t so.
The truth is, there are anywhere between 3000-7000 known manufacturers in China. Unlike in USA and Canada they are not subject to inspections, and we are buying prescription and over the counter drugs sight unseen. It’s a shameful situation. Here's an amazon link.
I’m including a video regarding this book.
- Antibiotics, chemotherapies, antidepressants, HIV/ AIDS drugs, medicines for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, and birth control pills made in China are now sold in the United States. People taking them don't know it, and neither do the physicians who prescribe them.
- Remember when the melamine scandal erupted in China? When melamine was added to baby formula, causing terrible illness and death to children? Chinese parents even now don’t trust their domestic supplies.
- Then they used the same substance in pet food. More than four thousand dogs and cats died, with up to fifty thousand more sickened, after eating the contaminated pet food.
- In 2007 people were sickened through toothpaste from China. There were small amounts of antifreeze, a deadly poison, introduced to cut the cost of using pharmaceutical grade glycerin, which is much more expensive. People were warned not to buy toothpaste from dollar stores.
- There continue to be several scandals where adulterants were used in products. At present the drug Valsartan, used to treat high blood pressure is under a recall for impurities considered to be carcinogens found after its importation to Canada. How many folks would that affect?
- Follow these links to find the latest recalls!
In the 1990s, the United States, Europe, and Japan manufactured 90 percent of the global supply of the key ingredients for the world's medicines and vitamins. Now China is the largest global supplier. This has enormous potential implications for the rest of the world. You can picture shortages arising in the future, and countries having to be in line to obtain their medications, or the raw materials for them from China. How on earth could our governments have put us all in this position? Surely this is one incredibly life-threatening situation?
It seems incredible that with all our technology, our respective countries are unable to grasp the need for keeping our medications carefully monitored both in sourcing and production. This is something that needs to be widely spoken about. We need our own jobs and factories in our own countries for this essential part of our lives.Time to pay employees well, instead of farming everything out to suspect, unmonitored factories in China that even their own citizens view with distrust.
For whatever reason, our governments have consciously decided to take their eyes off the ball. As a consequence all people ( including the leaders who’ve put us in this position) in all countries that use vitamins and prescription medications are vulnerable to the short and long term plans of China.
With all the current uproar about trade tariffs, I haven’t noticed a single news snippet about prescription drugs being affected. And now it looks like more deals are in the making with the USA and Chinese presidents due to meet again soon.